MARKET INSIGHT – Lawn & Garden Tractor Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing
NACIS 333112 | $8,023,865,000
by Joe Jackson
Marketing & Events Assistant, PMPA
Published January 1, 2022
The parts that our precision machining shops manufacture provide essential functionality for the many applications that the outdoor power equipment manufacturing industry provides such as lawn and garden tractors, hedge trimmers, tillers, shredders, yard vacuums and leaf blowers.
Top 5 Companies
- MTD Holdings Inc., OH
- Husqvarna Group, NC
- Echo Inc., IL
- Oldcastle Lawn & Garden Inc., GA
- Commercial Grounds Care Inc., WI
- The precision turned products manufacturing sales are 2.6 times that of the lawn and garden tractor and home lawn and garden equipment manufacturing.
- At minimum, 31% of the sales in the lawn and garden tractor and home lawn and garden equipment manufacturing industry comes out of Ohio.
- The lawn and garden tractor and home lawn and garden equipment manufacturing industry spends $9.8 billion on materials, components, supplies, minerals and machinery.
- If Precision Turned Products is only 1% of this industry’s spending, that would equate to $98 million in sales opportunity for precision machining shops.
- The lawn and garden tractor and home lawn and garden equipment manufacturing industry is very concentrated. Of the 267 companies verified in this NAICS Code, the top two companies make up 58% sales in this industry.
Source: U.S. Census, NAICS.com