MARKET INSIGHT – Travel Trailer and Camper Manufacturing
NACIS 336214 | $18,391,149,000
by Joe Jackson
Marketing & Events Assistant, PMPA
Published May 1, 2022
The consumer market for travel trailers and campers was at a record high in 2021, continuing a ﬁve-year growth streak that is forecasted to continue. The demographic of consumers in this industry is skewing younger and younger each year.
Top 5 Companies
- American Trailer World Corp., TX
- Dragon Acquisition Intermediate, MI
- Gulf Stream Coach Inc., IN
- Layton Homes Corp., IN
- Thule Holding Inc., CT
- The components that precision machining shops manufacture provide essential functionality so that the travel trailer and camper manufacturing industry’s products have safe and reliable gas and water utility hookups, electrical and mechanical systems. The precision machining industry makes the parts that make these work safely.
- If precision machining products are only 1% of this industry’s spending, that would equate to $115 million in sales opportunity in NAICS 332993 for our precision machining shops.
- The travel trailer and camper manufacturing industry is one of the least concentrated markets served by precision machining. Of the 542 companies veriﬁ ed in this NAICS Code, the top 5 companies make up just 9% of sales in this industry.
- The travel trailer and camper manufacturing industry spend is $11.5 billion on materials, components, supplies, minerals and machinery.
- Precision machined products manufacturing sales are more than $2.5 billion more than the travel trailer and camper manufacturing industry.
Source: U.S. Census, NAICS.com, Tricitybusinessnews.com