STATE OF MANUFACTURING – Indiana Manufacturing
by Joe Jackson
Marketing & Events Assistant, PMPA
Published July 1, 2023
Fabricated Metal Products Manufacturing is a subsector of manufacturing that makes critical goods from metal components.
Precision Turned Products Manufacturing is a subsector of fabricated metal product manufacturing that makes the components that MAKE IT WORK!
INDIANA ECONOMIC OUTPUT
Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing
INDIANA MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTS FOR
Manufacturing Is Productivity – 26.56% of the Indiana total output (GDP)
Manufacturing Builds Businesses – 6,942 manufacturing establishments are in the state of Indiana.
Manufacturing Creates Jobs – Jobs: 17.51% of all Indiana employees are in the manufacturing sector. (546,000 employees)
Manufacturing Earns Export Dollars – Jobs: 17.51% of all Indiana employees are in the manufacturing sector. (546,000 employees)
Manufacturing Drives Economies – Indiana’s output generated by its manufacturing sector is worth more than $150 billion a year to Indiana’s economy.
Manufacturing produces for INDIANA!
- Manufacturing is Indiana’s largest industry.
- Manufacturing is Indiana’s largest GDP producer.
- Manufacturing is the largest contributor to Indiana’s economic output and employment.
Indiana is a great place for a career in manufacturing
- Manufacturing jobs pay on average 36% over the average jobs in Indiana. (according to NAM.org)
- At the beginning of 2022, Indiana had more than 83,000 unfilled manufacturing positions.
Sources: NAM.org, US Census, Conexusindiana.com.
Data selected to show relative values. May not be directly comparable due to differences in sampling, analysis, or date obtained.