Guest post by Steve Staub, Made In Dayton Blog
We have enjoyed many of Steve’s posts via Linked In, this one I just HAD. TO. SHARE.
I’m guessing that you have decided to go with Company Z because they charge only $50.00 per hour. But, did you know that with technology improvements a new Whatzit machine is actually 50% faster than they were just 10 years ago? This actually makes the price the same between the two companies… or at least close.
- Does this company have a track record of on-time delivery?
- How is their quality and what is their rejection rate?
- Can they track my material and offer material certification?
- How easy are they to deal with?
- Will a real human answer the phone?
- Are they convenient to get to or are they located in the middle of nowhere?
- Are they ISO certified and do they have a Continuous Improvement plan?
- Are they the newest kid on the block or are they an established, stable company with an Outside Board of Advisors?
All of these questions (and likely more) need to be answered to make sure that you are dealing with a reliable and reputable company that is going to provide you with a good value and be around to service you for years to come. I’m not saying this is the only way to evaluate a supplier. I’m just sharing some things to think about.