OSHA Issues Safety Alert- Scissors Lifts
10 fatalities and 20 serious injuries over a one year period spurred the alert.
What you need to know:
- Only trained operators permitted to use;
- Training must be complete;
- Equipment must be properly maintained;
- PPE must be worn;
- Lift platforms must have guardrails in place, and employees must not stand on guardrails;
- Never move a lift when the platform is elevated per Manufacturer’s instructions;
- Outdoor operations only when wind speeds are below 28 mph.