John Detterbeck shares a full picture of the details involved with the process of estimating and quoting: base knowledge and resources, to standard tooling costs, available software for estimating, working with toolrooms and tool vendors for the best pricing, suggestions about materials costs and potential hidden costs.
Recorded: May 2, 2022 at National Technical Conference in Milwaukee, WI.
John Detterbeck, Lester Detterbeck Enterprises Ltd
Job functions which would benefit: Upper Management, Middle Management, Estimators, Engineers, Sales, Quality
Experience track: Fundamentals
Access grants unlimited online streaming. Copyright PMPA 2022. May not be distributed or copied. May be used for training of member employee personnel.
Free for NTC 2022 Attendees*
$100 for PMPA Members who did not attend.
Comments from attendees:
- John did a great job presenting
- Very methodically presented great pace – well done!
- Great job John!
- good breakdown of the different variables
- Great engaging presenter
- Very good and informational for people new to estimating
- Great job of simplifying a complex activity for people new to estimating. great way of making people underestimating many of the consideration