STATE OF MANUFACTURING – Illinois Manufacturing
by Joe Jackson
Marketing & Events Assistant, PMPA
Published February 1, 2023
Fabricated Metal Products Manufacturing is a subsector of manufacturing that makes critical goods from metal components.
Precision Turned Products Manufacturing is a subsector of fabricated metal product manufacturing that makes the components that MAKE IT WORK!
Annual Economic Output
Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing
ILLINOIS MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTS FOR
- 12.05% of the Illinois total output (GDP)
- 15,803 manufacturing establishments in the state of Illinois.
- Jobs: 10.1% of the all Illinois employees are in the manufacturing sector. (550,000 employees)
- Illinois manufactured goods exports were valued at $886 Billion.
- Employment Multiplier effect: 10 jobs created in manufacturing = 27 jobs
Manufacturing is among the largest contributors to Illinois’ economic output and employment.
- Manufacturing is Illinois’ largest industry.
- Manufacturing is the Illinois’ largest GDP producer.
- Manufacturing is the source of Illinois’ largest exports.
- Fabricated Metal Manufacturing is a major source of growth in the Illinois’ manufacturing sector.
These facts show that manufacturing is a great place for a career in Illinois.
- Manufacturing jobs pay on average 11.7% over the average jobs in Illinois with an average salary of $79,409 per year.
Sources: NAM.org, IndustrySelect.com, Illinois Dept. of Employment Security, USNews.com, Illinois Manufacturing Association, U.S. Census
Data selected to show relative values. May not be directly comparable due to differences in sampling, analysis, or date obtained.