MARKET INSIGHT – Heavy-Duty Truck Manufacturing
NACIS 336120 | $31,374,128,000
by Joe Jackson
Marketing & Events Assistant, PMPA
Published November 1, 2022
From 2016 to 2021, the global market for heavy-duty truck manufacturing products has shown a slow but steady decline on an average of 3% per year.
Top 5 Companies
- Paccar Inc., WA
- Navistar International Corp., IL
- Spartan Motors USA Inc., MI
- Pierce M 4 Manufacturing Inc., WI
- Mack Trucks Inc., NC
- The precision machined products manufacturing industry sales are 66% of the heavy-duty truck manufacturing industry’s sales.
- If this industry’s spend is 7% of precision machined products output (which was the case in 2012), that would equate to $1.5 billion in sales opportunity in NAICS 336120 for our precision machining shops.
- The heavy-duty truck manufacturing industry is one our most concentrated markets served. Of the 131 companies verified in this NAICS Code, the top 5
companies make up 84% of the sales in this industry.
- The heavy-duty truck manufacturing industry spends roughly $22 billion on materials, components, supplies, minerals and machinery.
- The parts that our precision machining shops manufacture provide essential functionality and performance in critical fuel, braking, steering, safety, emissions control and other systems.
Source: U.S. Census, NAICS.com, Statista.com, PMPA Market Report